Saturday, March 04, 2006

Setting high and low balance limits for accounts

A new article has been added to the site: Setting high and low balance limits for accounts.

There are many configurable settings in Microsoft Money, and this is one I use a lot. I try to run my finances quite tightly, and so when I have what could be considered 'too much' money in my current/checking account, I like to move that elsewhere to an account with better interest or a longer term savings vehicle (such as an ISA, Premium Bonds or other investment).

In addition, it is useful to know when I am reaching a low balance, and so I can ensure I have enough money in the account to avoid a negative balance and using an overdraft which costs me money.

The expert assistant or Advisor FYI helps me with this - it provides "in your face" warnings on balances.

No comments: