Thursday, August 30, 2007
In previous versions of Windows, you could put your file anywhere. With Vista, you can't - you can find that the money file isn't saved between updates, or worse, deleted!
See FAQ Article 515.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Ultrasoft have recently released a version of this software for use with Microsoft Money Plus. You can find it on the Ultrasoft MoneyLink Download page
As usual, this will also be referenced from my Money downloads page (http://moneymvps.org/downloads/moneylink/default.aspx)
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
- Update to the Deluxe (Toolbox) version of the Portfolio for Windows Vista users only. This update will allow you to run it without having to add moneycentral to your Trusted Sites list.
- Improved data quality due to changes in data source and improved data quality monitoring
- Improved performance with My Accounts
- Improvements to the Basic Charts (not the Toolbox version).
For example: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/charts/chartdl.aspx?iax=1&Symbol=MSFT (note that you won't see the changes until after the 17th)
Friday, August 10, 2007
You can download a preview copy from their website at http://www.ultrasoft.com/Money/WindowsMobile.
Ultrasoft Money for Windows Mobile supports Microsoft Money 2002 to 2007 and Microsoft Money Plus. It does not support earlier versions of Microsoft Money.
The software has been extensively tested with the U.S. editions of Microsoft Money. It has also been tested with the U.K. and Canadian editions.
Note: Ultrasoft Money does not support Microsoft Money Essentials Edition at this time.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
- Bills Insight - Article 511
- Spending Insight - Article 510
- Known bug fixes in Microsoft Money Plus (2008) - Article 509
- Currencies in Microsoft Money Plus (2008) - Article 508
- Default Categories in the US 2008 (Money Plus) Versions - Article 507
- Special Offers for Microsoft Money Plus 2008 - Article 506
- Cash Flow Insight - Article 505
- Linking from transactions to external documents or images - Article 504
- Activation in Microsoft Money Plus 2008 - Article 502
It is anticipated that article 510 (known bug fixes) will be expanded as more are discovered.
Certain articles I always produce for each new version, such as the list of default categories and currencies.
One of the newest items is what could be considered the re-introduction of Money Express, but under the guise of 'Insights'.
Insights provide you with the ability to see information about bills, spending and cash flow from outside of the program. There are three insights in the program, and a brief summary can be see in the articles below
Insights do not require you to have Money running, as the program uses your Money file directly. It lives in the taskbar on the Windows screen, highlighting you to alerts as required.
Options within these insights are limited. They are designed to provide pertinent data to allow you to go into the Money file if something needs to be done.
When some of the MVPs were in Redmond earlier in the year, we did see some of the prototype work here, and it is good to see that some of the things we saw made it into the program.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
This year, there are three trials:
- Home and Business
As usual with trial versions, any data created in them cannot be used in previous versions of Microsoft Money. Usage starts from the first time you open up the product and ends 60 days later.
If you later decide to purchase Money (and it would be appreciated if you did so through an Amazon link on this blog or the main website of mine), you will be able to open up any trial file you created.
The downloads are listed on my downloads page
Update - 9th August 2007The links changed, and so the trials page is wrong (as is the Microsoft Money US site too). The new links will go live on the FAQ site shortly, but they are:
Monday, August 06, 2007
The date quoted at the bottom of that page is now 31st December 2009 - which is just over 2 more years worth of service.
This will mean that updates continue to work until that date - definitely for new users, but potentially for existing users too.
The linked internet based services policy has not been updated at the time of writing this comment.