Saturday, October 27, 2012

Death Valley Charity Cycle Ride

Hi to my readers. There isn't much happening on the Microsoft Money front any more, but I do still read the comments and answer the questions that I get. Keep them coming and I will do my best to answer them.

I wanted to let my site visitors know that next year, I will be cycling 420km (260 miles) across Death Valley in Nevada and California (and up and down the mountains either side) for charity, and would be grateful for any support that anyone can give. Its a pretty intense 5 day trek, the first i have ever done. It doesn't matter how big or small your donation is (the bigger the better, obviously!) the charity (Sue Ryder) helps people with terminal and life limiting illnesses and is a great cause.

My aim is to raise about £3000 ($5000) by next summer. If you wish to donate please visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GlynSimpson.

If you are hesitant to donate, or just want some more information, please get in touch. 

Thank you.

Glyn

4 comments:

Glyn Simpson said...

I've created another blog to share my experience with the training for this challenge. Feel free to check it out at http://deathvalley2013.blogspot.co.uk/

valhunter said...

Hi, I'm using MS Money Plus Home & Business (sunset) and recently have encountered some problems. Money says that the .ofx file I downloaded from my bank is corrupt but I ran it through an ofx analyzer and the file is fine. Recently had to salv.exe my money file because it was crashing. My data goes back to 2004. Any suggestions?

Glyn Simpson said...

Hi, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. If you can see the statement in the account list, then right click on the link to delete it and try the import again.

If this fails, then it might be that the OFX analyzer, although saying it is okay, isn't picking up special characters properly. Characters such as the ampersand, less than and greater than signs need to be formatted differently inside an OFX file

I don't think I can put them in this response as the comment editor may have an issue, but see http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_syntax.asp for more information. Specifically the Entity References section.

If the problem is special characters and you don't need them, you could edit them out.

Glyn

Unknown said...

Just to say I have used Money 2005, UK, for many years. It does everything I need very well. It is used for the accounts of a Limited Company, that owns the flats I live in, plus my own accounts. I have used QuickBooks but that is too much for what I do and Money is just right. Like most good things after a while they stop doing it.
Found these pages in searching for how to delete a report, so thank you for that.