Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy new year!

Happy new year to all my readers.

I've been a bit quiet over the last few months - I no longer have a job and am now seeking out new opportunities. I've seen it coming, but I've tried to focus on that a bit more than Microsoft Money. I'll continue looking until I find something, but as I now am stuck at home, I'll have some more time to devote to the site (I can't search for jobs all day!)

Over the next few weeks, whilst away from work (I hope to be employed again soon), I've got some plans to work on updates to the US product pages on my website http://moneymvps.org/ - these are occasionally timing out due to problems connecting to Amazon Web Services. I've also had a couple of questions which I'm planning on turning into short articles (I put one on today - When to use subcategories).

I hope 2009 brings great things to you all - health, happiness and your wishes.

Glyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glyn, I am really sorry to hear about your job situation. I am sending hope and prayers for a new job, and financial stability and a time of renewal while you search for employment.

In these situations, I keep something in mind from the book, "What Color is Your Parachute?": every 'no' brings you closer to your 'yes' - so just continue to research employment possibilities even on the days when you feel frustrated with doing so.

I sincerely believe that the next company you work for will be enriched by your technical and communication abilities.

Shelley Elmblad
About.com Financial Software

Glyn Simpson said...

Hi Shelley

thanks for the wishes - being involved with financial software is probably a good thing at this time - i think I have a handle on the family finances, which is useful with no job :)

Hoping for the best in the next few weeks. Will have to check out the book you mention, it's not one I'm familiar with - it's not as if I don't have time to do things other than work!

Kind regards

Glyn