Sorry this is late posting, been away for a few days and missed the problem report.
This issue is affecting a lot of people, so take note below. Further information or updated information can be found on the MSN Money Site Status Page
Problems signing into older versions of Money
When: December 27, 2007
Effect: We are currently investigating a problem where you may have problems signing into Money 2002-2004 (or Money 2002-2004 files that were recently converted to a newer version of Money).
Until there is a fix available, you can try the following:
- If you have not changed your password, sign into Money in "offline" mode.
- If you changed your password, sign in "offline" mode using your previous (original) password.
- Once you have successfully signed into your Money file, remove the Windows Live ID from the file, convert the file to a newer version of Money and then re-add the Windows Live ID.
- If you have already converted your file to newer version, sign into Money in "offline" mode. Change the Windows Live ID (Passport) to the exact same Windows Live ID (using your current password).
- Sign into Money in "offline" mode and use Money in offline mode until there is a fix available.